Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in helping us out.
We will train ANYONE. We welcome your support!
Click HERE to sign yourself up!
*Note, per Illinois school guidelines, all parent volunteers have to pass a basic criminal background check before being allowed to
volunteer. This only involves running your name and birthdate through the system used by District 155. Mr. Levin will be in contact with you for that information.
Descriptions of available volunteer opportunities
- Uniforms: Assist with fitting the students in their proper jacket, pants, hats. Assist with
distribution of shirts, shoes, etc.
- Sewing: Help create a perfect fit for a student's uniform by hemming pants or peforming light
uniform repairs (buttons, zippers, etc.). Let Mr. Levin know if you are
skilled in this area!
- Game Uniforms: Assist on game night with any last minute repairs (usually broken buttons, missing
- Game Water: At football games or other events, fill our band jugs up with water, distribute to the
band (cups provided), and clean out the jugs at the end of the night.
- Parade Water: Walk alongside the band during parades and provide water as needed to the
- Game Equipment: Help to move equipment from the bandroom to the stadium (and back); assist with
podiums and/or pit equipment for pre-game & halftime shows.
- Trip Chaperones: Ride the bus with the students, take attendance, general supervisory
- Equipment Truck Driver: Rent & Drive the equipment truck to various marching or concert
performances. Expenses are reimbursed.
- Trip Equipment: Assist with loading/unloading the truck and moving equipment as we travel to
marching or concert festivals.
- Concession Worker: Assist in the concession stand for football or basketball.
- Marching Showcase Worker: Assist with set-up/tear-down, being a band guide, selling "shout outs," or
helping with moving equipment down on the field.
- Fundraiser Helpers: Tally orders & count money, assist with delivery and distribution
- Hospitality: Assist with set-up, tear-down, and serving of food at various
Have another talent you can share? E-mail Mr. Levin!
Click HERE to sign yourself